Everyone is not in perfect health – we know that. We also recognize that the market for our extended healthcare (LTC) funding solutions is not young (the typical client is over 62 and Care Solutions can be written up to age 85). All this means that health challenges exist.
Also remember, that Asset Care can be issued with table ratings for both morbidity and mortality to Table 8. And, if an Asset Care offer cannot be made, our underwriting team will automatically pivot to see if Annuity Care might be an option.
One tool that is highly recommended is the Pre-Underwriting Inquiry.
Pre-Underwriting Inquiry is the Care Solutions informal inquiry program. A Pre-Underwriting Inquiry lets you submit information about a prospective client’s history and receive an underwriter’s response about the client’s insurability for the indicated product(s), eligibility for expedited underwriting and tentative rate classification.
With this program, you can receive an informal evaluation within 24 hours without taking a full application or submitting to full underwriting.
A Pre-Underwriting Inquiry is especially useful when talking to a client whose insurability is questionable; you can ask for an underwriting opinion before applying for coverage — saving time for yourself, your client and setting expectations.
Tips to support the Pre-Underwriting Inquiry process:
- Refer to the ineligible condition list for Asset Care and ineligible condition list for Annuity Care before completing the Pre-Underwriting Inquiry form.
- Provide detailed information about your client’s history. The more detailed the history, the more detailed our response can be. You may attach up to five additional pages of information (such as a pathology report or lab results) to your Pre-Underwriting Inquiry form.
- Never guarantee the Pre-Underwriting Inquiry response to your client. The response is tentative, subject to receipt of a formal application and review of all requested underwriting requirements.
- If you proceed with submitting a formal application, please include a copy of the Pre-Underwriting Inquiry response.
- Pre-Underwriting Inquiry responses are valid for 60 days.
- Most importantly – submit the Pre-Underwriting Inquiry directly to underwriting at CSPUI@oneamerica.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Justin Fox at email@example.com or by dialing (844) 658-3725. You may also contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via text/voice at (678)512-9627.